Thursday, March 22, 2012

MMMM Topaz


I am not a fan of diamonds. I am not a fan of gold. So jewelry traditionally thought of as top drawer does nothing for me. My engagement ring would and will (should I ever find my Prince Charming-or rather Prince Sincere) be sporting one of these two beauties. (the photo does them no justice sadly)
On the left a round cut London blue topaz. London blue is a medium shade of blue with a slight gunmetal undertone. and on the right my favorite cut (and so far the winner) is a a rectangular cut Swiss blue topaz. The Swiss blue is a more vibrant blue reminiscent of the sea and sky on a gorgeous spring day. Drool worthy.
Topaz is generally seen as a joyous and sultry citrus color. Pure topaz, however, is actually transparent. It is impurities that give it it's luscious colors, which range from wine red to Swiss blue and every rainbow in between.
It was one of the stones in the High Priests breast plate described in the bible and said to be sacred to the angels in Heaven. (who knew they cared for such things)
It is said to recharge the energy body and realign your spirit to your life's purpose. Opens the wearer to love by bringing emotional stability. Blue topaz is the stone of fidelity (another reason to wear it as a engagement stone) and said to aid in clear communication.
Damn, I love this rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment