Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cranky's Progress

So, I haven't painted in oil in FOREVER! which is a shame. I love oils. I love the way it feels going onto the canvas and I especially love the smell, it's magic to me.

 I decided to take on of my characters- an undead priest affectionately nicknamed Crankypants ( gee why does that sound familiar?) and do a portrait of her.

I started with a black and white under painting but alas it required a lot of corrections so I just started doing them in color.

This is the first go in color and I am pretty sure those lilies at the bottom are going to piss me off.

But I don't mind really, I have been doing so much digital work lately  that a return to the traditional methods is welcomed.  I'll keep you posted on how she is faring.

No comments:

Post a Comment